Job Title: Logistics Officer
Organization: InterAid Uganda Limited (IAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Operations Officer
InterAid Uganda Limited (IAU) is a non-governmental humanitarian national organization established in 1988, and duly registered with the NGO Board and NGO Forum. IAU is actively involved in programs geared towards the protection and improvement of lives of disadvantaged people living in urban and rural areas in Uganda and in the Great Lakes Region. InterAid Uganda is focused on its thematic areas of Rights Protection, Education, Livelihood & Food Security, Health (HIV&AIDS; Malaria; Maternal and Reproductive Health), Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Environment and Disaster Management and good Management and Governance systems.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer will manage and coordinate the InterAid Uganda’s fleet, Drivers, provide transport services to all staff and ensure that vehicles remain roadworthy and are serviced and fuelled regularly
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that an effective system is in place to meet the transport needs of staff in the most cost-effective manner possible
- Responsible for transport planning and tracking vehicle allocation, vehicle movements, vehicle utilisation, fuel consumption etc.
- Scheduling and planning the maintenance and repairs of vehicles and Motorcycles to ensure they are maintained in good working order by ensuring high quality maintenance of vehicles and motorcycles.
Transport Coordination: Responsible for controlling vehicles and supervision of staff under direct supervision i.e. the Logistics Assistant and Drivers
Repair and Maintenance:
- Check vehicles for servicing requirements, damage and arrange repair or replacement of vehicles or vehicle parts;
- Investigate minor problems relating to matters such as driver and vehicles performance, service irregularities and operational status of vehicles and prepare associated reports and/or recommendations
- Take the necessary steps required by the rules and regulations in the event of an accident involving the office vehicle
Support to Staff:
- Provide support to the procurement committee and the procurement officer as and when need arises.
- Ensuring that Drivers are adequately trained and developed for their roles e.g. by analysing their training needs, organising the delivery of training.
- In charge of monitoring and reviewing Drivers performance in particular, ensuring that transport staff are working effectively to meet organisation objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring that staff riding have adequate and up to standard safety riding gears.
- Responsible for ensuring that staff understand, comprehend and adhere to available standard operating procedures for Drivers and riders
- Prepare regular reports including, vehicle allocation, road calls, break downs, accidents, fuel consumption and vehicle performance.
Risk Management: Identify, assess and develop strategies to mitigate against risks that may happen in the Logistics function
Compliance: Ensure compliance to policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the InterAid Uganda Limited (IAU) Logistics Officer job opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics& Supplies Management, Fleet Management, Business Administration or any related program.
- At least four years of relevant experience in a similar role in a busy environment.
- Utmost professional integrity
- Good record keeping
- Good planning and coordination skills
- Driving skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS EXCEL, MS Power point and MS Project
- Flexibility with commitment to fulfill the job requirements and demands at all time
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letters, updated CVs and photo copies of their professional qualifications including three referees via E-mail to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Plot 1102 Block 8, Kabala Anjagala Road,
P.O. Box 737 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 14th March 2018 by 5:00 PM