Job Title: Research Intern (Paid Internship UN Jobs)
Organization: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
Job Summary: The Research Intern will actively contribute to the preparations (review of abstracts etc.), organisation and follow-up (production of a conference publication) of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF’s) What Works for Africa’s Poorest Children? conference.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNICEF Research Intern job placement should be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or PHD Degree programme or be a recent graduate (within the past two years).
- A first degree in economics or social/political sciences.
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Have no immediate relatives (e.g. father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office; and
- Have no other relatives in the line of authority which the intern will report to.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- All applicants are requested to include a 2 – 3 page writing sample as one of the requirements.
- Good research and analytical skills. Familiarity with statistical software such as STATA, and large surveys such as National Household Surveys and Demographic and Health Surveys, is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, solve problems, implement, monitor and evaluate tasks and to deliver outputs to meet required deadlines; ability to relate well with a multiplicity of stakeholders; self-motivated and team worker, and of demonstrable and unquestionable level of integrity.
- Languages: proficient in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages: English, French or Spanish. Fluency in the working language of the office you are applying to is required.
- Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join the United Nations Children’s Fund, UNICEF, in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below. Please further review job requirements and if competent Click Apply Now.
Deadline: 25th February 2018