Job Title: Senior Data Management Assistant
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: 10019442
Vacancy Notice: 024/2018
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Post Grade: GL5
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter data mainly related to asylum seekers, refugees and other persons of concern to UNHCR into the computer database.
- Prepare reports and project documents by providing information, preparing tables and drafting routine correspondence and reports.
- Offer support in the compilation of data and interpreting the statistics for various reports.
- Assist in the development of forms for data collection and analysis, if requested.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information and translate routine documents and correspondence as and when required.
- May be required to collect GIS data, update maps and undertake field trips to project sites.
- Perform any other duty, as requested.
Key Performance Indicators: The Office has reliable and up-to-date data on persons of concern.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Senior Data Management Assistant job placement should have completed secondary education with post-secondary training/certificate in Electronic Data Processing, Information Technology or related field.
- At least five years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local languages (Lugbara, Madi, Aringa)
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 11th April 2018