Job Title: Software Developer (2 Job Vacancies)
Organization: Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of ICT
Finance Trust Bank is licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank after taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 350,000 depositors and over 28,000’ borrowers, through a network of 36 branches countrywide. The bank offers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
Job Summary: The Software Developer will design, develop and deploy new business applications in order to provide various business needs of the bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will design and/or customize existing software solutions by studying information needs; systems flow, data usage, and work processes while adhering to the software development lifecycle.
- Provide support the development of an interoperability framework between the core banking application and its interfacing applications
- Participate in the gathering to user requirements to develop automated solutions based on formulated functional and business requirements.
- Carry out the technical analysis, design and documentation required for new changes and projects.
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Support the development and update of reference materials such as operating instructions, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Perform any other tasks within the scope of the role as directed by management from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Finance Trust Bank Software Developer job placement should hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, Information systems or a related numericals field of study.
- At least two years of experience as a software developer or engineer; demonstrable success in developing a variety of software systems while taking on increasing responsibility for analysis, design, implementation and development tasks using varying SDLC methodologies.
- A ‘hacker’, with ability to rewrite source-code they have not originally developed in order to change or add new functionality.
- Advanced experience in developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture (experience with either PostgreSQL or MySQL is required and any of the following highly desirable; Oracle, MS SQL Server, H2 SQL).
- Working experience using most of the following: SOAP, Restful web services, , android SDK and Agile methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with popular open source programming languages such as Python and PHP 5.
- Proficiency in developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in mixed-environments including Linux, Unix and/or Windows.
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team.
- Good report writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrable skills in enterprise application integration, Linux and Python programming shall be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should address their applications to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to email@example.com. as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, a CV with at least three reference contacts, including the most recent employer, and telephone number.
Deadline: 13th April 2018