Job Title: Internal Auditor
The Uganda Export Promotion Board (UEPB) is a public agency set up by an Act of Parliament: The Uganda Export Promotion Board Act. The Board, supervised by the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives, was set up with the main objective of facilitating the development, promotion and coordination of all export-related activities that lead to export growth on a sustainable basis.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor is responsible for the management of the Internal Audit function in the Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and reporting on the system for generating financial information and data, on the reliability and integrity of financial statements and other related accounting and financial information
- Conducting systems audit to ascertain whether or not internal controls are appropriate to the Board and whether they are operating efficiently and effectively
- Performing periodic reviews to confirm whether or not Government policies and specific applicable instructions are followed; and confirm whether or not management is complying with applicable legislations and regulations
- Carrying out reviews on various projects implemented by the Board and report on project management, implementation, and post implementation reviews
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Director or the Board of Directors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must possess an honors degree from a recognized University; and must possess professional accounting qualifications (ACCA, CPA).
- At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience in a reputable institution.
- High degree of personal integrity
- Familiarity with the operations of public sector Agencies and the procedures and practices related thereto
- Must be keen on detail
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications, including detailed CV – must have a day time telephone contact and three referees – and copies of academic documents, should be addressed to The Chairperson, UEPB Board of Directors, P.O Box 5045 Kampala and submitted to Office of the Executive Director, Floor 5, Conrad Plaza, Plot 22 Entebbe Road (either by registered mail or hand delivered). Electronic applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate on top of the envelope the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: An attractive remuneration package will be paid to successful applicants.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 3rd October 2014 by 5:00 PM