Organisation: Reach Out Mbuya HIV Initiative
Deadline of this Job:
24th July 2019
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Reach Out Mbuya HIV Initiative Reach Out Mbuya (ROM) is a Faith-Based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), founded in 2001 to provide HIV/AIDS care to the urban poor living with HIV/AIDS. ROM aims to curb the further spread of HIV among the less privileged members of the community it serves and enable those already living with HIV/AIDS to live a responsible and dignified life. Offering a unique model of care, ROM holistically focuses on the body, mind, family, and community wellbeing. .
Main purpose of the job:
• Ensuring deliver of high quality and efficient clinical services to clients at Reach Out ensuring that high standards are adhered to in assessments, handling of emergencies and administration of medicines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out weekly and emergency home visits & hospital visits
• Provide information to clients to reduce their vulnerability to diseases and infections through health education
• Attend to clients and prescribe drugs where necessary
• Participate in client referral and transfer process as need arises
• Dispense drugs and other medical items to clients where necessary
• Participate in HIV awareness and sensitization in the communities
• Organize children and adolescent activities to enhance psychosocial support
• Train health workers from communities and other institutions
• Participate in the drawing and implementation of work plans for the clinic
• Promote the vision, mission and the values of Reach Out as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
• Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation
• Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably expected from your supervisors
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Academic qualifications required: Registered Nurse, Registered midwife, registered comprehensive Nurse/Midwife
• Minimum experience required: Two years working experience in a reputable organization
• Specialized knowledge required: National treatment guidelines, Counselling and Clinical skills, HIV/AIDS care and management
Job application procedure
Send a cover letter and CV/resume with 3 professional referees in PDF format as one document and must not exceed 6 pages email@example.com not later than 5.00 p.m. Wednesday, 24th July 2019.
No need of attaching other documents at this level.
Include title of Job in email subject line.