Nkumba University is strengthening its management and administrative systems to enhance both policy initiation and implementation through assigning extra responsibilities. In a bid to attain this, the University invites applications from suitably qualified persons who are already in the service of the University to take-on responsibilities as follows:
Dean, School of Business Administration
Reports to: Vice Chancellor
Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsible for the general supervision and administration of affairs of the School
- To ensure efficient and effective management of the School in order to achieve academic and professional excellence
- To plan and ensure proper and efficient utilization of human, financial and material resources.
To promote and maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of teaching, research and community service in the School.
To provide professional, academic guidance and advice to academic staff within the School.
- To supervise academic staff to ensure effective, timely and proper teaching of the curriculum as specified in the School timetable.
- To initiate linkages between the School and Institutes/ Institutions of higher learning within and outside Uganda to enhance collaboration and cooperation in the promotion of knowledge.
- To prepare the annual budget for the School on consultation with Heads of Department
- To solicit for funds for academic programmes of the School
- To participate in the recruitment, selection, promotion and disciplining of academic and non-teaching staff in the school
- To assess training needs of staff within the School and recommend appropriate action
- To appraise the performance of staff annually and submitting recommendations to Management for appropriate actions.
- To ensure proper and efficient maintenance of records of all past and present students and staff of the school.
- To ensure maintenance of up-to-date inventory of all equipment and assets, movable and immovable of the school.
- To chair School Board meetings
- To champion writing for grants in the School.
- Academic guidance and advice provided
- Academic staff supervised to ensure efficient and effective teaching for the attainment of academic excellence
- Linkages between the Schools within and outside Uganda established
- Annual budget prepared for the School
- Research programmes coordinated and supervised
- Performance of academic staff appraised
- Training needs staff assessed
- Records of past and present students and staff maintained
- Up-to-date inventory of assets and equipment maintained
- Must possess a PhD, preferably at Senior Lecturer level
- Three years of continuous teaching in a University setting
- Should have proven ability of leadership and administration of academic staff in an institution
- Proven expertise in scholarly writing
- Professorship or Associate Professorship is an added advantage
How to Apply:
Interested persons should submit (by hand delivery) 13 copies of the indicated required documents to the office of the University Secretary not later than 5:00pm on the 17th day of March 2021.
- Duly filled application form indicating telephone number and email addresses
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of Certificates and Transcripts
- Three sealed letters of reference
- You may find the original call for applications here: Job Advert
- You may find the application form here: Application Form