Organisation: Crest Foam Mattresses
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 4141
Crest Foam Mattresses was established in 1986 and produces the best value mattresses in Uganda – a balance between price and quality. Our product engineers are continuously working to improve our mattresses, in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure accounting documents are fully verified, authorized and kept securely.
· Ensure maintenance and updating of price list for all company productsconsistent with the price policy.
· Ensure timely submission and payment of all statutory returns.
· Mentor and line manage the Finance team managers by regularly appraising, mentoring and coaching them to improve their performance and that of the department.
· The Finance Manager will develop and continuously review financial strategies, policies and procedures in support of the overall business strategy, financial standards and compliance to statutory requirement by;
· Initiating, formulating, assessing and reviewing financial policies and procedures in order to align them with the business strategy
· Ensuring that all financial policies comply with the statutoryrequirements at all times.
· Providing financial advisory services to the staff, management and the Board.
· Critically reviewing of financial operations to identify opportunities to improve internal controls and streamlining financial business processes in accordance to professional accounting standards.
· The incumbent will ensure timely financial planning and control the implementation of annual budget by:
· Working closely with department heads in the preparation, review, and implementation of the annual budget.
· Authorizing expenditure in line with approved budget.
· Preparing and submitting budgetary performance reports.
· Conduct periodic financial analysis to identify and implement improvement strategies as appropriate by:
· Reviewing Monthly Management Report & Accounts and preparing periodic financial review reports.
· Evaluating and recommending suitable cost reduction opportunities and controls on pricing and credit control management.
· Analyzing budgetary performance and preparing quarterly reports.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Commerce
· Professional qualification such as ACCA or CPA.
· At least five years’ experience in a large FMCG / Manufacturing Company with at least 3 years’ experience at senior management.
· Working knowledge of Automated accounting systems
· Knowledge of IFRS/IASs
· Computer literacy i.e. proficient in PC skills (MS word, Excel)
· Strong written and oral communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications by clicking on this link.
Please upload the following in your application; an updated CV / resume (PDF or Word Format) which should include your contact information and three work related references and a one page statement describing your suitability for the role should be included.
Deadline: 21st November 2015