Organisation: EA Jobs Company Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
EA Jobs Company Ltd is a human resource firm that specializes in recruitment, training, outsourcing and consultancy.
Job Summary: The Legal Executive will provide legal advice, support and services to the Company; internal departments and management, concerning the legal obligations and operations of the Company and in particular, the minimization of commercial risk and contractual exposure. The incumbent will support and assist entire company, providing advice to any affiliates and subsidiaries throughout the company, as required
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Practicing preventative law, providing legal advice and assistance to management and internal departments.
· Support management in understanding legal and contractual risks and mitigating those risks.
· In charge of drafting, reviewing and revising contract documentation, including tender documentation and ensuring it is qualified in the best interests of the Company.
· Assisting management in negotiations with clients, joint venture partners and major subcontractors, which will involve international travel.
· Offer timely support, advice and guidance as necessary to the members of the project teams and senior managers on legal and contractual matters on projects, in both main and sub-contracts
· Be aware of and when required, become involved in contractual disputes with Clients and subcontractors so that claims and disputes are handled in such a way as to achieve the optimum commercial advantage for the company, with minimum risk;
· Prepare settlement paperwork and ensure this is completed effectively.
· Coordinating and ensuring the implementation of the Group’s liability insurance programme at Company level.
· The Legal Executive will develop and maintain standard contract and subcontract templates.
· Render support in the development of processes and procedures to regulate tendering and contract management activities, in all regions, to ensure they are aligned with company and Guidelines and represent best practice;
· Prepare and submit reports as required to meet the requirements of both local and corporate reporting on defined activities.
· Provide advice to Company in respect of Company’s legal obligations; keep Company advised on updates and changes to such legal and regulatory obligations and advise on company secretarial matters.
· Doing all ligations process for the company
· Guiding the company regarding all legal matters.
· Provide legal training to management and internal departments once needed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in law
· At least three to five years’ litigation experience preferably in the same field
· Prior experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
· Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th October 2015.