Job Title: Program Design and Training Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Design and Training Manager
Educate! works to transform the education system in Uganda to prepare youth to be leaders and entrepreneurs who take leadership initiative, create small businesses, and improve livelihoods for themselves and their communities. Educate! currently directly impacts 8,000 youth, has seen 56% of its graduates start businesses and make up to $40 a month, has backing from Ashoka and Echoing Green, and our curriculum has been incorporated into Uganda’s national entrepreneurship curriculum, reaching over 25,000 students annually.
Job Summary: The Educate! Program Design Officer is responsible for YBE content design, Program Monitoring and learning from program implementation, Trainings and Design production.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Content Design (40%)
- Program Design Mentoring (30%)
- Design Production (20%)
- Training (10%)
- Design year 1 and 2 curriculum for the Youth Business Experience (YBE) based on skills map, best practices and continuous learning loops.
- Design competence based assessment procedures for Youth Business Experience mentors.
- Design a termly Business Development Book that includes a business directory, a cash book and saving and investment goal. Under each category, outline termly activities that are aligned to the termly YBE content.
- Update Mentor Induction content and schedule and align it to the Leadership and Entrepreneurship course and 2015 needs assessment. Keep in mind School Business Clubs, mentoring, passbook, certification, competitions and effective Trainer of Trainers Strategies.
- Design Financial Management tools for mentors to help them manage their business better.
- Design mentor pre-term trainings
- Design Youth Entrepreneurship Training based on needs assessment and continuous learning loops.
- Steer the design of learning loops including quantitative & Qualitative tools for scholar graduation, club guidance and school dropout.
- Administer and monitor learning loops including data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Work closely with M&E on data entry of all learning loops and analysis of data.
- Support design and implementation of field staff focus groups and mentor & scholar focus groups.
- Conduct field observation visits once a month to monitor curriculum implementation
- Disseminate lessons learnt to relevant departments and staff.
- Ensure integration of lessons learnt in design and implementation.
- Pre-test all program content in a real classroom setting and share feedback with Design team.
- Support in editing curricula and ensuring Educate! Materials are in context and age appropriate.
- Make bi-termly procurement orders and specifications for D&T printing and material supplies.
- Conduct a quality check on all D&T procured materials every time an order is delivered.
- Conduct a feasibility check to confirm everything is budgeted for, that materials are easy to access and that we have all needed materials for program implementation
- Ensure that all materials are formatted and ready for printing.
- Review and update the programs team on any new design changes
- Plan and coordinate timely D&T printing of designed materials with Admin to ensure timely delivery to schools.
- Proactively coordinate implementation implications of design with other departments.
- Support in departmental budgeting, planning and goal setting.
- Conduct introductory and refresher trainings of regional officers on facilitation of designed materials.
- Take lead in the annual YET training
- Actively support in updating program officer induction and youth leader induction based on learning loops.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold an Undergraduate degree in Education or its equivalent
- At least two to four years program management, experience in program design and training
- Detail oriented
- Highly proactive
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Program design skills
- Skills in Staff development
- Vocational skills
- Highly flexible and open to other ideas
- Exceed expectations and does more than what is asked
- Always learning and growing expertise
- Only solves a problem once.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.