Job Title: Right of Way of Engineer
Organization: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
Project Name: National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) Project on the Protection of Lake Victoria II Project – Construction of Nakivubo and Kinawataka Main Sewers
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Director – Roads Management
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) is the legal entity, established by the Ugandan Parliament, is responsible for the operations of the capital city of Kampala in Uganda. KCCA in implementing the National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) Project on the Protection of Lake Victoria II Project – Construction of Nakivubo and Kinawataka Main Sewers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with NWSC in the provision of right of way for NWSC activities
- Regularly review designs of NWSC projects to ensure that they are in harmony with KCCA’s objectives.
- Coordinate the relocation of NWSC facilities affected by KCCA infrastructure projects
- Keenly review, negotiate and prepare right of way use and excavation (management) work permits and related water and sewerage services as per the City plan.
- Supervise excavation of trial pits and other investigations undertaken to identify utility services (electric cables, optic fibre cables, telephone lines etc.)
- Supervise reinstatement of excavated paved and unpaved surfaces in the City following the standards set out in the Ministry of Works & Transport’s general specifications for roads and bridge works.
- Work closely with the Uganda Police Force and contractors to draw traffic management plans In areas where NWSC projects are being implemented.
- Carry out period inspections of sites, assess the impact of the proposed right of way and ensure occupational safety & health guidelines
- The incumbent will oversee the performance of Staff under your supervision
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Right of Way of Engineer vacancy should be a Ugandan who holds an Honor’s Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering or Construction Management or Water Engineering or Sanitation Engineering or Hydrology or any other related course from a recognized university/awarding institution with an additional postgraduate qualification in any of the above fields. Specialized training in project planning and implementation and membership to relevant professional associations are desirable.
- At least five years’ working experience, two years must have been gained at supervisory level or equivalent level from a reputable organization.
- Registration to the Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers (UIPE) or Uganda Engineers Registration Board (UERB) is an added advantage.
- Age: 30 Years and above
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandans should send their three sets of applicationsincluding certified photocopies of their certificates and testimonials, plus three recent certified passport size photographs submitted to the Director, Administration and Human Resource, P. O. Box 7010, Kampala, Uganda
Email to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 28th October 2015