Job Title: Stores Assistant
The Government of Uganda is implementing the Third Financial Management and Accountability Programme (FINMAP III) with the primary purpose to strengthen Public Financial Management (PFM) at all levels of government and ensure efficient, effective and accountable use of public resources as a basis for improved service delivery. The overall objective of FINMAP is derived from the GoU PFM reform strategy for the period from July 2014 to June 2018, launched in August 2014. The contribution of FINMAP III as the prime framework for implementation of the strategy is set out in the programme’s action plan for the period July 2014 to June 2018. FINMAP interventions are implemented at both central and local government levels through a number of components. The programme also has several stakeholders, including Development Partners. The implementation of FINMAP III entails a significant amount of coordination effort at all levels. This coordination requirement is met through the contracting of Staff to support specific Programme areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Stores Assistant is in charge of stores and will carry out the following duties:
- In charge of the implementation of the a stores system at the Project Office
- Receipt and issuance of all stores in accordance with established project procedures including taking stock levels of the stores
- Records purchases, maintains database, performs physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports
- Regularly update the Fixed Assets Register including assets monetary values.
- Ensure security and safety of all projects stores, including stationary and equipment (Printers, computers etc), and ensure their proper maintenance and good running order.
- Utilize both the manual and computerized inventory management systems for the project to properly account for inventory
- Process timely reports on obsolete, damaged and expired supplies.
- Ensure that all project assets are clearly engraved
- Update and maintain records of acquisition, receipt, issue, storage, and disposal of all property in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Supplies received, recorded and stored;
- Requisitions and orders received and stores issued accordingly;
- Stock levels of the stores taken;
- Stores invoices checked and verified and updated on the payment System;
- Records of all stores received and issued out kept;
- Preservation, packing and storage facilities maintained; and
- Obsolete goods disposed in line with the policy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Stores Assistant should hold a Diploma in inventory Management,, Procurement, or related discipline plus a Certificate in Stores management from a recognised institution.
- At least three years’ experience in similar position is either Government or reputable private institution.
- Be familiar with management and implementation of donor funded programmes and coordination with related programmes. Specific experience in the public sector is an added advantage.
- Good writing, communication, ethics, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering .and inventory control.
- Possess the ability to reconcile stock counts to report data.
- Database management skills.
- Possess the ability to analyse and solve inventory problems,
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Clerical, word processing, and/or Microsoft office application skills.
- Working knowledge of university invoicing procedures.
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use personal computers and office information technology equipment/systems, Microsoft Office Applications
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications, updated CVs and copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted to the address below. Envelopes should have clear reference to the job applied for.
The Programme Coordinator,
The Third Financial Management and Accountability Programme (FINMAP III),
Ministry of Finance, Planning & Economic Development Finance Building; 3rd Floor, Room 3.4 Plot 2/12 Apollo Kaggwa Road P 0 Box 8147, Kampala. Uganda.
Tel: 256-41-4707900, Email: email@example.com
Deadline: Monday, 30th March 2015 by 1700hrs