Job Title: Records Officer (4 Vacancies)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring proper compliance to the set records management standards.
- Ensuring proper classification and management records.
- Initiating creation of new files.
- Assisting in carrying out research on information required by the Ministry.
- Assisting in identifying areas in Records and Information Management in order to tender advice for improvement.
- Ensuring proper transfer of semi- current records to the records centre.
- Preparing registry budget estimates, work plans and reports.
- Carrying out on – job training for subordinate staff.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The incumbents should hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Records/Archives Management or Library and Information Science or other relevant qualifications majoring in Records/Archives Management from a recognized University/Institution.
Age: Between 20 – 45 years
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala, Uganda. The Application and Summary Forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala, Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the PSC website, download here. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
- Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC External Advert. No. 1/2014” should be indicated in capital letters on the top of each first page of the Public Service Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
- Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice on the application.
Deadline: 16th October, 2014