Job Title: Senior Engineer (Civil) (4 Vacancies)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing standard tender, contract documents, design standards and specifications for Roads, Bridges, Building and Aerodromes;
- Preparing and participating in the review of the project implementation guidelines;
- Supporting the Principal Engineer to design documents and supervise the construction of bridges and drainage structures on District, Urban and Community Access Roads (DUCAR);
- Working closely with consultants, contracts and other professionals regarding Bridge works and the appropriateness of the Ministry’s standards and specifications;
- Responsible for monitoring performance of bridge development projects on DUCAR;
- Handling road designs, documentation tender procurement, construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, buildings and civil structures;
- Evaluating the consultancies and coordination of road projects;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidates should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University /Institution; A Post Graduate qualification in Civil Engineering will be an added advantage;
- Registration with Civil Engineer with the Uganda Engineers Registration Board (UERB) will be an added advantage.
- All applicants should have a minimum of three or more (3) years working experience as Engineer in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable Organization.
Age: Between 25 years and above
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala, Uganda. The Application and Summary Forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala, Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the PSC website, download here. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
- Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC Internal Advert. No. 2/2014” should be indicated in capital letters on the top of each first page of the Public Service Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
- Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice on the application.
Deadline: 28th September, 2014