Job Title: Research Associates (5 Job Opportunities)
NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for it valuable client, Bridge International Academies, the world’s largest chain of primary and pre-primary schools bringing world-class education to the poorest of the poor, democratizing the right to succeed. NFT Human Resource Solutions are customer tailored per industry requirements and are geared towards increased cost savings, process improvement leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness yet simultaneously strengthening quality and control of resources.
Job Summary: The Research Associate will carry out research, provide critical analysis, insight, reports and data to the rest of the company on socio-economic conditions, competitive landscapes, academic attachment, plot-specific research and population destiny.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out individual in-depth household interviews in low-income rural and urban communities
- Perform team field-based exercises to calculate population density using survey and GPS equipment
- Conduct field-based research into education and financial service providers using survey and GPS equipment
- Administer educational learner assessment tools to children aged 3-15
- Consolidate and enter data from surveys and research exercises into Excel at the office
- Compile and produce research reports based on both quantitative and qualitative observations
- Actively participate in the design of new research studies and research tools.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a good Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Research Methods, Demography, Anthropology or other related field.
- At least a year to two years’ experience in conducting field research in a fast paced and results-driven organization.
- Past exposure and experience using IT solutions to collect data, e.g. GPS, smart phones, applications, excel.
- Significant experience working in slums and informal settlements.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Fluent knowledge of many local languages and preference will be for: Luganda, Lusoga, Jopadhola/Luo, Samia, Ateso, Lugwere and Lugisu. Knowledge of 3 or more preferred.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.