Job Title: Accountant
The Uganda Export Promotion Board (UEPB) is a public agency set up by an Act of Parliament: The Uganda Export Promotion Board Act. The Board, supervised by the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives, was set up with the main objective of facilitating the development, promotion and coordination of all export-related activities that lead to export growth on a sustainable basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spearheading the Accounts Section of the Finance and Administration Division, particularly by providing leadership, direction and supervision for all assigned functions, activities and personnel of the Section
- Offer technical input in consolidating accounts and preparing quarterly and annual financial reports
- Actively participate in the capturing of information into the financial reporting system
- Maintain an up-to-date asset register for the Board
- Render support with the internal and external audit exercises
- Preparation of all payments by the Board to ensure conformance with the Board’s Financial and Accounting Regulations, and relevant national laws governing public finance and accountability
- Perform any other duties assigned by superiors from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must possess an honours degree from a recognized University and full professional accounting qualifications (ACCA, CPA).
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience in a reputable institution.
- Strong inspirational, motivational, networking and management skills
- High level of integrity
- Extensive knowledge of the operations of public sector Agencies and the procedures and practices related thereto
- Must be keen on detail
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications, including detailed CV – must have a day time telephone contact and three referees – and copies of academic documents, should be addressed to The Chairperson, UEPB Board of Directors, P.O Box 5045 Kampala and submitted to Office of the Executive Director, Floor 5, Conrad Plaza, Plot 22 Entebbe Road (either by registered mail or hand delivered). Electronic applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Please indicate on top of the envelope the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: An attractive remuneration package will be paid to successful applicants.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 3rd October 2014 by 5:00 PM