Job title: Accountant -UNAB (1)
• Ensure safety of project funds
• Ensure timely financial reporting and submissions to all partners
• Register and keep custody of important documents of the project
• Guide staff to adhere to financial management policies and procedures
• Prepare bank reconciliations, journals and accountabilities, ensuring completeness and accuracy
• Verify payment vouchers and receipts for compliance with internal and external financial control systems
• Verify cash reconciliations, receipts and cash withdrawals from the Bank
• Manage Inter-bank transfers.
• Support project staff in development of agreements and contracts with third parties.
• Support the internal invoicing of projects in relation to core costs.
• Provide support to procurement activities
• Support fundraising activities (including support to preparation of project budgets) as required by the Executive Director
• Qualifications and experience required:
• A bachelor’s degree in Commerce with a bias in Accounting, or Business Administration with a bias in Accounting, bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• The Ideal candidate should have a minimum of 3 year experience managing project funds.
• Professional qualifications such as part/full ACCA and CPA will be an added advantage.
• Administrative and managerial experience in finances and accounting for at least 2 years.
• Skills and competences
• Competency in computerized accounting systems
• Working knowledge of pastel evolution will be an added advantage
• Leadership skills
• Creativity & innovations
• Financial knowledge and skills
• Communication & interpersonal skills
• Resource mobilization skills
• Team-building skills
• Report writing and presentation skills
How to apply for the job
Interested persons should submit copies of the following documents not later than 5:00pm Tuesday 25th March, 2014 by either hand delivery or post to the post address below:
i. Detailed curriculum vitae
ii. Copies of certificate and at least two letters of reference.
The Executive Director
Uganda National Association of the Blind
P.O. Box 6938
Applications can be delivered at UNAB office along Kireka-Namugongo road: or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED