Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Engineers Registration Board (ERB) was established by the Engineers Registration Act, Cap 271. It’s primary function will be to regulate and control engineers and their activities within Uganda, and to advise Government in relation thereto. It has wide ranging powers to register, deregister, restore registration, suspend registration, hold inquiries, hear appeals and appear as respondents against a case brought against it in the High Court.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will be in charge of the day to day management of finances of the Board
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- He/she will be responsible for documenting receipts and expenditure for the Board.
- Preparing the Board’s annual budget and any other sub-budgets as may be required.
- Ensuring that all funds allocated to the Board are properly accounted for ERB Annual Subscription
- Generating invoices to engineers
- Sending out reminders to engineers
- Ensuring that member subscriptions and other contributions are collected in the prescribed format i.e. cheque or bankslip payments and receipts issued.
- Undertaking all transactions relating to cash and bank, monthly cashbook and ledger reconciliation statements
- Arranging the prompt handling of monthly payments and other invoices relating to the day to day running of the office.
- Generating and providing accurate and timely accounting information for the monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Maintaining the assets register for the Board and accounting for all acquisitions and disposals.
- Performing such other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Actively facilitating the audit team as they carry out periodic audits
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The successful candidate should hold a Diploma in the field of accounting from a recognized Institution
- At least two years’ accounting experience in a busy organization
- The applicant should possess relevant computer software skills (including at a minimum, the standard applications in Ms. Office)
- Be independent and willing to work extended hours to ensure that various activities are implemented on time and to a high standard
- Have a results oriented personality with proven problem solving skills and a high degree of motivation.
- Professional Membership from a recognized institution
Age: between 25 – 30 years.
How to apply for the job:
All applicants who are suitably qualified should send an application with a capability statement, a detailed CV including a day time telephone contact and three professional referees, plus certified copies of testimonials to be posted or hand delivered to:
Engineers Registration Board,
P.O. Box 29267, Kampala. Uganda
Hand delivered applications should be brought to:
Engineers Registration Board,
Public Works Training Centre,
Plot 2, Gloucester Avenue, Kyambogo.
The applications may also be submitted in electronic form (in pdf format) by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 11th August 2014