Job Title: Accounts Assistant
The Ministry Of Health has received funding to implement the Uganda Sanitation Fund Programme which will play key roles in realizing its institutional mandate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Render support in the preparation of programme and activity budgets
- The job holder will be tasked to prepare monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual financial reports
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements
- Process all Programme payments
- Monitor programme income and expenditures
- Initiate follow-up on expenditure accountabilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Possession of Professional qualifications in accounting will be an added advantage
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the relevant sector or job role.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of government accounting systems and planning processes.
How to apply for the job
Candidates are encouraged to send their handwritten applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials and at least three competent referees, one of whom must be from your current or previous employer should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health,
Plot 6 Lourdel Road,
P. O. Box 7272 Kampala, Uganda
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall automatically lead to disqualification of a Candidate.
Deadline: 17th April 2014 by 10am