Job Title: Assistant Trade Promotion Officer (Fresh Graduate Jobs)
The Uganda Export Promotion Board (UEPB) is a public agency set up by an Act of Parliament: The Uganda Export Promotion Board Act. The Board, supervised by the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives, was set up with the main objective of facilitating the development, promotion and coordination of all export-related activities that lead to export growth on a sustainable basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The applicant will be supporting in the preparation of Medium Term Plans and Annual Strategic work plans and budgets; and implementation thereof
- Assisting in the collection, synthesis and dissemination of trade information in line with the statutory functions of the Board
- Regularly interacting with the private sector with a view to fostering robust performance of the export sector
- Offering export promotion services, including counseling, issuance of Export Certificates and Certificates of Origin, to exporters and potential exporters
- Perform any other duties assigned by superiors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The Assistant Trade Promotion Officer should possess an honors degree from a recognized University in any of the following disciplines: Economics, International Trade, Law, Statistics, or Business Administration/Management/Studies.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications, including detailed CV – must have a day time telephone contact and three referees – and copies of academic documents, should be addressed to The Chairperson, UEPB Board of Directors, P.O Box 5045 Kampala and submitted to Office of the Executive Director, Floor 5, Conrad Plaza, Plot 22 Entebbe Road (either by registered mail or hand delivered). Electronic applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Please indicate on top of the envelope the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: An attractive remuneration package will be paid to successful applicants.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 3rd October 2014 by 5:00 PM