Job Title: Internal Audit Assistant
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting Internal Control evaluation and risk assessment to identify loopholes and areas requiring management intervention to prevent frauds, embezzlements, misappropriations, misuse and wastage and ensuring that objectives of the organization are achieved economically, efficiently and effectively;
- Assist in the preparation of special reports when asked for by the management on various aspects of financial management, including asset management and security, financial reporting, decision support systems, management Information systems;
- Facilitating in undertaking periodic reviews and
- Assisting the finance department in preparation SOPs in critical areas like meeting financial obligations under procurements and the process itself.
- Specifying internal checks including pre-audit checks, adherence to policies procedures and compliance with rules, laws and regulations to ensure that payments to suppliers and other entities are made by them in accordance with the stipulated guidelines
- Ensuring that systems exist for generation of accurate and reliable financial and other Information;
- Prepares, analyzes and reconciles and conduct verification regarding accounts being examined.
- Conducts surprise cash counts on company funds as required
- Gathers, verifies and analyses monthly sales reports, contracts and other related documents
- Conducts system review to assess its effectiveness and efficiency and recommends necessary actions to improve deficient conditions Witnesses inventory taking of company’s fixed assets and supplies on quarterly and annual basis.
- Submits audit observations and recommendations to the supervisor for review and evaluation.
- Conducting any other related tasks that may be assigned by the management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor’ Degree in one of these fields: Accounting, Finance, Audit, Economics, Commerce or Business Administration.
- One year’s audit experience is desired
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in accounting
- The candidate should have skills and ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommend solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent communication and report writing skills and should have the ability to work independently.
- He/she should have working knowledge of IT systems and MS office
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit letters of application specifying their field of study together with a CV, contact number (s), copies of relevant certificates, names and details of three references to: The Human Resource Manager Britania Allied Industries Ltd. P. 0. Box 7158, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 6th June, 2014