Job Title: Senior Human Resource Officer
Dairy Development Authority is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. Its mandate is to develop and regulate the dairy sector. It was established under the Dairy Industry Act, 1998 and its objectives are to provide proper coordination and efficient implementation of all Government policies which are designed to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency in the production of milk in Uganda by promoting production and competition in the dairy industry and monitoring the market for milk and dairyproducts.
Job Summary: The Senior Human Resource Officer will mainly coordinate and provide human resource and administrative support to the smooth running of the DDA activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make sure that recruitment and selection of staff in accordance with Authority’s policies.
- Carrying out orientation and induction programmes for newly recruited staff.
- Technically support the DDA in managing of staff performance.
- Ensure staff records and personal files are duly maintained and up-dated.
- Initiate payroll and pay change reports.
- In charge of overseeing DDA’s training function.
- Actively participate in the preparation of quarterly performance reports for human resource and administrative department.
- Ensure discipline among staff in accordance with DDA Terms and Conditions of DDA Service.
- Ensure staff welfare services, cleanliness and hygiene of office and the DDA premises
- Responsible for availability of office supplies, office machinery and equipment.
- Ensure that the machinery and equipment are in good functional state and serviced and repaired in time.
- Responsible for the oversight of office utilities.
- Responsible for management and security of the Authority properties.
- Managing the authority’s transport
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Social Sciences and any other related qualifications from recognized institutions of higher learning.
- Possession of a Post graduate qualification in a related field is an added advantage
- A minimum of three years’ relevant continuous experience in a large public organization.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the human resource and administration processes and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to work with a multiplicity of characters
- Should be highly innovative and creative thinker.
- Excellent computer, writing, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Possess the ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to apply for the job:
All interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit their application forms, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic credentials to the address below, addressed to the undersigned. Executive Director Dairy Development Authority (DDA) Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala P. O. Box 34006, Kampala, Uganda Tel: 0414-343883 / 0414-343981/2
Deadline: 13th June, 2014