Job Tittle: Procurement Assistant
Reporting to the Country Manager, the role will provide support to the organization in provision of materials and equipment used in operations.
1. Organize all procurement activities relating to request for proposals, sealed bids, and price quotes.
2. Review requisitions for completeness and accuracy; follow up on discrepancies with the initiating department/school; identify available suppliers for each requisitioned item.
3. Process requisitions into purchase orders.
4. Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability, and delivery.
5. Data entry, verification and maintenance of an electronic requisitioning system or database.
6. Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
7. Maintain and update professional library publications.
8. Clerical duties including filing, typing, data entry, and completing and processing mail, standard purchasing forms and bid responses/quotations.
9. Coordination of project procurement documentation (reports, correspondence, presentations, spreadsheets, supplier queries and data, purchase orders, requisitions etc.) including the preparation, formatting, approval and distribution.
10. Coordinate meetings and logistical details for the project procurement team, including travel, off-site meetings and meeting requirements. May attend meetings for administrative support.
11. Distribution, maintenance of hard-copy and electronic filing for project procurement records and other files.
12. Respond to both internal and external inquiries on basic procurement issues.
1. Minimum of a CIPS Diploma in Purchasing & Supply or its equivalent
2. At least 2 years relevant working experience
3. Experience in the hospitality industry is an added advantage
4. Proficiency in ICT
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
6. Ability to work as part of a team with minimum supervision
7. Keen to detail
Please send your CV in MS Word to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title on the subject and current and expected salary.
Deadline is June 30, 2014 – 6pm