Job Title: Procurement Officer
The Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries received funding from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) to implement the Jeddah Declaration initiative (2008) through Enhancing National Food Security through Increased Rice Production (ENRP) project.
The project is to provide short term assistance to the Government of Uganda to withstand global food market and climate shocks as well as medium to long term support to build and strengthen the institutional and technical capacities, for sustained agricultural growth that contributes to poverty alleviation and food security.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will oversee and manage the procurement for the PMU project under strict deadlines and standards as set out in the IDBs Guidelines Procurement of works and goods by IBD Borrowers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing specifications, bidding documents for goods and equipment contracts, requests for proposals for consulting assignments, and proposal application packages for subproject proposals using standard documentation agreed with IDB.
- Arranging for advertising contract opportunities and assistance in preparing contract bids
- Preparing required procurement and other documentation for review and or no objection by the IDB
- Preparing of contracts to be signed with suppliers, consultants, NGOs, CBOs and other entities
- Maintaining a record of and ensure compliance with agreed procurement method thresholds, IDB prior review thresholds and agreed aggregate threshold amounts for less competitive procurement methods.
- Work collaboratively with Technical Specialists and Accountant in preparing quarterly Project Management Reports (PMR) to be submitted to IDB
- Monitoring the implementation and performance of contracts by suppliers, consultants and other entities under time and cost management and produce monthly and quarterly reports.
- Documenting the lessons learnt and provide the best practices on design of follow-on projects.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Procurement Officer for the MAIF Project should be a Ugandan holding an honors degree in Procurement, Business, Law or Engineering with at least 5 years post graduate experience in procurement and contract management in public sector.
- He/she should be a member of CIPS and have good knowledge of procurement policies and procedures of a multilateral financial institution (preferably the PPDA, Government of Uganda, Donor Projects); as well as good knowledge of the institutional, technical, and commercial aspects of procurement
Age: 35 – 45 years
How to apply for the job:
Please send your applications with a detailed CV indicating contact addresses and details of three references should be submitted during official working hours to: The Permanent Secretary Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P.O. Box 2, Entebbe, Uganda. Please obtain forms from the Public Service Commission or Ministry of Agriculture Headquarters and government ministries and departments. Download it here.
Deadline: 30th March 2014