Job Title:Branch Service Manager
Standard Chartered PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Hong Kong, China. It operates a network of over 1,700 branches and outlets (including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures) across more than 70 countries and employs around 87,000 people. It is a universal bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking, and treasury services.
Despite its UK base, it does not conduct retail banking in the UK, and around 90% of its profits come from Africa, United Kingdom, United States and the Middle East. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda is the longest established international bank in the country; the first branch was opened in August 1912. We had 11 branches up to 1972 and retained only one branch during the turbulence of the 70s.
In 1998 we acquired 4 branches of former Cooperative Bank in November 1999. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda today has a network of 11 branches in Kampala, Jinja, Mbale, Mbarara and Gulu. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda has 29 ATMs and over 600 staff.
Job Summary: The Branch Service Manager will primarily deliver quality service to customers via effective floor and traffic management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer effective, efficient and superior service to customers.
- Oversee and / or recommend workflow changes for greater efficiency.
- Ensure that all customer queries and complaints are responded to within defined TAT.
- Responsible for the preparation of Service Quality reports.
- Ensure all front office desks are manned at all times.
- Responsible for Queue Management.
- Provide a one stop shop service in a consistent, professional manner by embracing all the branch values of being Courageous, Responsive, International, Creative and Trustworthy.
- Improve and maintain the Bank’s No 1 position in quality service.
- Deliver the agreed sales volumes.
- Maintain minimum standard of cleanliness and neatness in banking hall.
- Highlight operational issues.
- Record all customer complaints in a jotter/LMS.
- Resolve exceptional investigations and liase with other functions to ensure issues are resolved.
- Service recovery- turn an unhappy customer into a satisfied customer with professional and empathetic service.
- Manage service staff, coach and train new recruits.
- Ensure service staff are equipped with knowledge and products and service, achieve grooming standards and are friendly and responsive and providing personalized services to customers.
- Ensure compliance with:
- “Guidelines and procedures on “customer due diligence “for account opening and “guidelines and procedures on cross-border account opening referral” issued by group business and operations risk.
- Guidelines for the submission of suspicious transactions reports” issued by head of legal & compliance/country money laundering prevention officer.
- Controls and procedures on “customer due diligence ‘’introduced to addressed money laundering prevention and compliance risk.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal Stanchart Bank employee should hold a university degree.
- Five or more years’ service experience in a multi-national organisation
- A sound knowledge / experience in principles and practices of banking.
- Excellent skills in communication, interpersonal relationship, decision-making and selling.
- Computer literacy skills.
NB: Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
How to apply for the job:
If interested in working with Standard Chartered Bank in the above portfolio, Please send us visit Web link below and review requirements and thereafter express your interest by Clicking Apply Now
Visit Jobs Page: Click Here