Job Tittle: 2 Information Communication Technology Officer
Organisation: The Parliamentary Commission of Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Senior ICT Officer
Salary Scale: PC 4
About The Parliament of Uganda:
The Parliamentary Commission of Uganda serves the following functions;
- To appoint, promote and exercise disciplinary control over persons holding public office in Parliament;
- To review the terms and conditions of service, standing orders, training and qualifications of persons holding office in Parliament;
- To provide a Parliamentary reporting service;
- To provide such other staff and facilities as are required to ensure efficient functioning of the Parliament;
- To cause to be prepared in each financial year, estimates of revenue and expenditure for the next financial year; and
- To make recommendations to Parliament, or with the approval of Parliament, determine the allowances payable and privileges available to the Speaker and Members of Parliament.
Job Summary: The Information Communication Technology Officer will offer first line ICT user support services to Members and staff of Parliament
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide ICT user support to members and staff of Parliament
- Identify ICT user problems and perform troubleshooting
- Conduct minor hardware repairs
- Provide advice to users on the use of ICT facilities
- Operate the ICT helpdesk
- Provide ICT training to users.
- Carry out maintenance services on compute, hardware and software
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should possess an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science., Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering from a recognized higher institution of learning.
- Ability to work in heterogeneous environments
- Proficiency in use of WinZip, Adobe, MS Office Desktop applications
- Knowledge and skills in use of various operating systems such MS Window, Apple IOS/OSX Good communication and Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of ICT service management
- Knowledge in Active Directory/LDAP management
Age Limit: 21 -27 Years
How to Apply:
All applications should be addressed to the Secretary, Parliamentary Commission, P.O Box 7178 Kampala, Uganda via post or hand delivered to the Parliamentary Registry, Room No. 112, 1st Floor, South Wing, Parliament of Uganda.
All applicants should endeavor to attach recent passport size photographs, Curriculum Vitae. Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts and indicate two (2) competent referees.
Serving Officers in Government institutions should route their applications through their respective Heads of Departments.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: Friday, 29th November 2013 at 5:00p.m.