Job Title: Database/ Website Administration Officer
The Uganda AIDS Commission was established in 1992 by a Statute of Parliament, to coordinate and harmonize the national response to HIV/AIDS. The mission of Uganda AIDS Commission is to provide overall leadership in the coordination and management of an effective HIV/AIDS National Response.
Job Summary: The Database/ Website Administration Officer will be to maintain the back-end of the National AIDS Documentation and Information Centre (NADIC) website together with the databases to be hosted, analyse statistical information and build capacity of the human resource in NADIC for two years.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and implement software systems and web content management;
- Evaluate, select, and implement enterprise software solutions to meet business need; Planning, Organize and Coordinate information sharing.
- Website designing and maintenance Analyze statistical data generated through existing databases
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this vacancy should hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Information technology or Information systems.
- Possess an additional post graduate qualification in Statistics
- A minimum of five years’ experience and a good understanding of the Ugandan HIV/AIDS response
- Extensive knowledge of evaluation, selection, and implementation of enterprise software solutions to meet business need;
- Extensive knowledge of and excellent skills in managing and implementing major software systems;
- Experience in data programming, processing and analysis through such statistical software programs as STATA, CSPro, and SPSS.
- Good working knowledge of current programming methodologies and practices, including web based application.
- Knowledge of website and database management and maintenance
How to apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should provide a Cover letter expressing interest in the job, a detailed CV, including present position, names, addresses and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees, copies of professional/educational certificates and send it to:
The Director General, Uganda AIDS Commission, Plot 1-3 Salim Bay Road Ntinda, P.O Box 10779, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 28th March 2014