Uganda Industrial Research Institute is Uganda Government’s lead agency for industrialization, established by an Act of Parliament of Uganda under the auspices of the Ministry of Trade Industry and cooperatives (MTIC). It is the country’s main vehicle for implementing strategies and measures aimed at transforming industry in Uganda.
- Actively participate in planning, developing and implementation of PR strategy and internal communications
- Writing and editing in-house magazines, publicity documents, case studies, information for web site, articles and reports
- Upgrade, maintain and manage Institute’s website content
- Work in close collaboration with the media houses, journalists, stakeholders, vendors and other partners for accurate publications
- Offer technical support to internal staff, the communications and marketing team to design innovative communications and marketing strategies
- Coordinate promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits of institute activities
- The PR Executive should possess a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication. A Masters in Mass Communication is an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience with media and public relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to think out of the box and pay attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Possess the ability to meet strict deadlines.
Deadline: 21st March 2014.