Job Title: Programme Officer (District) 3 Vacancies
UNICEF, the United Nations Children’s Fund, is the driving force that helps build a world where the rights of every child are realized. Uganda is one of the over 190 countries and territories around the world where we work to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease, and discrimination place in a child’s path.
The Programme Officer (District) will be responsible for programme planning, implementation, administration, monitoring and the evaluation of programme/project activities within the assigned districts.
- He/she will also coordinate with programme partners and government officials to report on the situation of children and women in the communities and undertake follow-up action on programme implementation activities;
- The job holder will also be responsible for collection and analyse programme data and prepare programme status reports as required;
- Give support in the preparation of the Country programme recommendation;
- The job holder will proactively participate in capacity building for those involved in the programme.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, or a related technical field.
- At least two years of progressively responsible experience in programme design, administration, monitoring and evaluation or related field.
- Fluency in English is required and strong written and verbal communications skill therein strongly desirable.
- Core Values (Required): Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity.
- Core Competencies (Required): Communication; Working with People; Drive for Results.
- Functional Competencies (Required): Formulating Strategies and Concepts; Analyzing; Applying Technical Expertise; Learning and Researching; Planning and Organizing.
How to Apply for the job:
- ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered.
- UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
- If applications are sent by email, please clearly indicate the position applied for and use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_ MukasaApplication.
- UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants interested in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist,
UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street,
P.O. Box 7047, Kampala-Uganda.
Via email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 31st January, 2014