Job Title: Business Analyst
UpEnergy is a distribution company that makes clean energy technologies available to people in the developing world by addressing the last mile distribution challenge. UpEnergy is a technology agnostic organization that sources high quality, energy-efficient technologies like cookstoves, water filters and solar lights from reputable manufacturers.
These technologies are then warehoused, marketed and sold through our own in-house sales force as well as through other local distributor channels. UpEnergy creates carbon credits from the distribution of these products which reduce carbon emissions for every year that they are in use.
In Uganda, UpEnergy has been in operation since 2011 and has built a network of sales and distribution partners to support ongoing sales of our products. We have a fully operational local team that operates under the SmartHome brand. The Kampala team performs sales, finance, marketing and inventory management functions.
The Business Analyst will primarily be responsible for data collection, analysis and reporting of sales and market related data in an ongoing effort to increase overall sales productivity and inform corporate strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide management with rigorous sales analysis to inform strategy and future allocation of resources:
- Collect, analyze, evaluate and report data in order to increase sales productivity.
- Review sales records and trends and evaluate performance measured against sales quotas set by management to inform decision making.
- Offer data inputs to management to be used in developing and reviewing the sales budget and rolling sales forecast including sales to budget variance analysis.
- Work with management to provide recurring, customized reporting that will inform management recommendations.
- Work with management to develop reports that track costs by function, process, product and initiative.
- These reports will be used to measure ROI.
- Cross train team members on data analysis tools.
2. Support marketing research to determine end-user demand which will inform product sourcing decisions and price setting:
- Analyze results from in-field willingness to pay and product acceptability tests.
- Support marketing function with data analysis where required.
3. Lean a hand to management in preparation for annual carbon audits.
Perform any other duties as assigned in the administration realm.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must possess a bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required, MBA or masters+ level economist/statistician preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an analyst role.
- Strong knowledge of Microsift Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Possess the ability to perform advanced statistical analysis and experience with related software (STATA, ACCESS) will be an added advantage.
- Excellent command of MS Excel and working knowledge of other database tools like STATA and Access preferred.
- Prior experience with customer needs assessments.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret sales results and customer trends and translate them into operational recommendations.
- Prior working experience delivering time-sensitive reporting to management and coordinating simultaneous data analysis requests of varying sizes and scope.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group.
- Strong Business acumen, start-up experience preferred.
- The applicant must be a multi tasker that is creative, ambitious and able to take initiative.
- Exhibits excellent problem-solving ability and judgment.
Salary and Benefits: The Business Analyst will be compensated competitively and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should endeavor to send a short cover letter and resume to Mark Mutaahi (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Nicole Ballin (email@example.com). Please clearly indicate “Uganda Business Analyst” in the subject of the E-mail application.
NB: No phone calls or posted mail applications, please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.