Apply for a job at World Wide Fund
Job Title: Communications Officer
WWF is one of the world’s largest independent and experienced Conservation organizations operating in over 100 Countries in the world. WWF UCO implements a number of national programmes promoting environment conservation in Uganda. WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of our planet’s natural environment, and build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
About RMNP Project:
WWF UCO with funding from the European Union is implementing the “Sustainable Financing of the Rwenzori Mountains National Park (RMNP) Project Uganda” a project aimed at promoting sustainable conservation financing within the Rwenzori Landscape. The Project will be implemented in partnership with the mandated Government Institutions, Civil Society Organizations, the private sector and communities within the Rwenzori Landscape.
Job Summary: The Communications Officer will be responsible for the development and implementation of the project’s communication strategy, raise awareness of the project activities and coordinate with key stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the department communication strategy in line with the overall WWF UCO communication strategy;
- Coordinate and nurture effective partnerships with National, District and other Local government authorities;
- Build capacity through seminars and use of print electronic media and training workshops;
- Develop training materials for different project interventions;
- Conduct collaborative training programmes for selected trainers;
- Participate in relevant workshops and meetings at project and district levels;
- Assess and documents lessons learnt during implementation of the project;
- Collect and manage relevant data as may be required;
- Compile and presents regular reports on the tasks assigned;
- Monitor, evaluate and give technical backstopping to different components of the project;
- Develop communication materials, plan,
- Perform any other duties as may be consulted upon by the Project Manager.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop and implement the department communication strategy;
- Raise awareness of the project activities;
- Coordinate with key stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a relevant bachelors’ degree or equivalent in the field of Information, Communication or other related field;
- Additional post graduate qualification in any of the above fields is an added advantage;
- At least two years’ work experience in Information, Communication and Educational programmes targeting environmental related issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- All aspiring job holders should adhere to the WWF values of being knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to Apply for the job:
All interested candidates should send their cover letters, updated CVs, and academic transcripts to the People Development Manager, WWF Uganda, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A detailed job description may be accessed at www.panda.org/uganda.
Physical Office: WWF Uganda Country Office, Plot 2, Sturrock Road, Kololo P.O. Box 33513, Kampala – Uganda
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: 29th January 2014