Apply for a job at World Wide Fund
Job Title: Communications Officer
WWF is one of the world’s largest independent and experienced Conservation organizations operating in over 100 Countries in the world. WWF UCO implements a number of national programmes promoting environment conservation in Uganda. WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of our planet’s natural environment, and build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
- Develop and implement the department communication strategy in line with the overall WWF UCO communication strategy;
- Coordinate and nurture effective partnerships with National, District and other Local government authorities;
- Build capacity through seminars and use of print electronic media and training workshops;
- Develop training materials for different project interventions;
- Conduct collaborative training programmes for selected trainers;
- Participate in relevant workshops and meetings at project and district levels;
- Assess and documents lessons learnt during implementation of the project;
- Collect and manage relevant data as may be required;
- Compile and presents regular reports on the tasks assigned;
- Monitor, evaluate and give technical backstopping to different components of the project;
- Develop communication materials, plan,
- Perform any other duties as may be consulted upon by the Project Manager.
- Develop and implement the department communication strategy;
- Raise awareness of the project activities;
- Coordinate with key stakeholders.
- The applicant must hold a relevant bachelors’ degree or equivalent in the field of Information, Communication or other related field;
- Additional post graduate qualification in any of the above fields is an added advantage;
- At least two years’ work experience in Information, Communication and Educational programmes targeting environmental related issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- All aspiring job holders should adhere to the WWF values of being knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.