Job Title: Community and Institutional Development Facilitator
The Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister has received credit financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), for the Dry Lands Integrated Development Project to be implemented in the Karamoja Sub region (Project reference number UG-0082-83). The Office of the Prime Minister will implement the Drylands Integrated Development Project through Millennium Promise Alliance Inc. an International Non-Profit Organisation solely committed to supporting the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals through the Millennium Villages Projects (MVPs) in 10 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa. The Dry Lands Integrated Development Project will implement multi sectoral interventions aimed at holistically addressing challenges faced by pastoralist communities that directly contribute to the objective of reducing vulnerability, building resilience, and accelerating the achievements of the UN Millennium Development Goals mainly in the districts of Moroto, Napak, Nakapiripiriti and Amudat.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: With overall supervision and guidance by the Community Coordinator, the incumbent will execute;
- Community Development activities with the following key responsibilities:
- Be the entry level mouth piece for the projects several interventions to ensure community acceptance of the interventions.
- Steer the change process within the communities
- Work with the different sectors to ensure gender issues are addressed in all project interventions
- Ensure sustainability issues are captured in project interventions right at interventions design
- Ensure fruitful partnerships are formed and sustained.
- Be the lead during Conduction of capacity building trainings
- Be the lead agent in mobilising community members to contribute towards project activities
- Ensure a sense of ownership in built in all interventions right from planning phase.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Diploma in Social Works and Social Administration, Social sciences, Development studies
- Three or more years’ practical experience in the implementation of community Development work at grassroots’ level.
- Practical experience in mobilisation of communities and gender trainings will be an advantage.
- Team work and leadership skills.
- Good and effective communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a quick learner.
- Possess the ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities.
- Willingness and ability to work and reside in the field for at least 90% of the time.
- Possession of a motor cycle riding permit & good riding ability is a plus.
- Readiness to ride a motorcycle for work is a must
- Working knowledge of Karamoja working environment and language is a strong added advantage for this position.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to apply by sending an application letter (in a sealed envelope clearly marked with “”APPLICATION FOR POSITION OF…””), curriculum vitae, three work related referees, copies of academic certificates, and testimonials either hand delivered or posted to this address: Millennium Promise Alliance Inc. Uganda, C/O Pacification and Development Department, 5th Floor Room 2521. Office of the Prime Minister, Plot 9-11 Apollo Kaggwa Road, P.O. Box 341, Kampala – Uganda.
Deadline: Friday, 3rd October 2014 by 2:00pm