Job Title: Country Manager
Organisation: Multiple Freight Solutions Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Multiple Freight Solutions Limited, Uganda is part of Multiple Group and employs more than 2000 staffs. Multiple Hauliers is a formidable force with a territorial presence in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania & Rwanda. The Company covers nearly 50million kilometres annually and employs some 3,000 dedicated and committed individuals. With one of the most up to date transport fleets in Eastern Africa the Company has the ability to transport a diverse spectrum of goods for some of the largest companies in the region, moving both imports and exports. In the African transport business today, Multiple Hauliers is a renowned name, a leader in the industry and a flagship for enterprise and transport safety initiatives. You may visit www.multiplehauliers.com to know more details about the Group.
Job Summary: The Country Manager should be an experienced Branch Manager with strong experience in Clearing and forwarding business to lead our associate company Multiple Freight Solutions Limited., Kampala, Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Commercial Management :
- Develop sales volumes and customer base in Uganda
- Plan out sales calls based on quarterly plan
- Create and sell solutions to improve our freight forwarding business to customers based on their needs
- Ensure delivery of the budget and business plan numbers from a sales perspective.
- Maintain an accurate measure of individual productivity in terms of customers, volumes and CM1
- Ensure all sales have job costing and customer agreement that is filled with deliverables and validity.
2. Financial Management:
- All customers finance outstanding collected in a timely manner.
- Drive financial improvement plans of existing customers
- Ensure demurrage dues are collected as per company policy.
3. Operational Management:
- Commit only what we can operationally deliver to customers
- Ensure proper creation and ensure compliance of SOP’s
4. Employees Management:
- Be a great team player within Kampala team and the other units in the organization.
- Take ownership of development of staff
- Provide inputs to the monthly reporting and commenting on KPI development
Key Performance Indicators:
- CM1 contribution compared to targets set.
- Daily Sales Outstanding (DSO)
- Drive process and product improvement strategy
- Stakeholder and team management
- Focus on cargo, customer and market share improvement targets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a minimum of five years managerial/sales experience in Clearing and Forwarding business (Sea and Air) preferably in Uganda.
- Possess staff management experience.
- Good sales and marketing skills and is able to improve airfreight and container freight forwarding business.
- Good understanding of Ugandan export/import market and customer base is required.
- Ugandan or foreign nationals with strong experience in Logistics, Clearing and Forwarding Business only need to apply.
NB: Due to large volume of applications, we will contact only successful candidates in the recruitment process.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are one of the ideal candidates for this opportunity in working with Standard Chartered Bank, then visit the web link below for full job details and How to Apply. Click Here