Job Title: Database Administrator
Finance Trust Bank was licensed as a Tier 1 commercial Bank on 11th November, 2013, taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Today Finance Trust Bank is a fully ‑edged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 240,000 depositors and over 26,000 borrowers, through a network of 33 branches country wide.
The bank offers a wide variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
Job Summary: The Database Administrator will primarily develop, support, maintenance and performance of all Corporate Databases; work with the developers and users of the Databases and Database applications to support, manage and tailor the Databases to meet corporate needs and requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop policies and procedures for Database operations, maintenance, security, archiving and recovery.
- Actively monitor and tune database performance as well as control user access and security.
- Responsible for Corporate Database performance monitoring and recommending appropriate action in case of performance Bottlenecks.
- Checks on all Database scripts performance before uploading them to the
- Production/Live system.
- Responsible for Uploading of recommended Database patches as provided by solution vendors.
- Plan for all database systems, storage/capacity requirements.
- Responsible for the installation and testing of new versions of database management Systems (DBMS).
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of reporting systems using products such as crystal reports, etc.…
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security plus issues escalation to external support groups where necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the aforementioned opportunity should hold a good University degree in computer science, information systems or information technology from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of three years’ experience preferably with a financial institution in the area of database administration and data center management.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems, AS400 and UNIX.
- Working knowledge of SQL, ORACLE and Database Management Systems is a must.
- Professional IT Database Certifications i.e. OCP, MCDBA, and Oracle PL/SQL and UNIX preferably on HP-UX and LINUX will be desirable.
- Possess the ability to work independently at any Group location in an ICT support capacity.
- Ability to quickly assess organizational needs relative to databases and datacenter problems.
- Good working knowledge of banking systems, operations, and processes.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications plus photocopies of academic documents and testimonials, a CV with at least three reference professional referees i.e. from current or most recent employer) to the Head of Human Resources, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe, P. O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 28th May 2014