Apply for Jobs at World Vision
Job Title: Design Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (2 Vacancies)
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice in over 40 districts of Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
The Design Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will offer technical guidance to the World Vision Uganda programmes and projects on program/project planning, design, monitoring, evaluation, operations research and documentation in line with WV policies, standards and strategy.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build capacity of programme Area Development Programmes (ADP) and Project staff and partners on WVU Design, Monitoring and Evaluation, and development programming approaches.
- Conduct data collection of primary and secondary data, and analysis to inform assessment for potential interventions in the target communities; special studies/operation research studies required to improve WV Uganda programs.
- Steer the ADP and project staff, partners and target communities/beneficiaries in participatory program re/design approaches; coordinate implementation of baselines and evaluations according to WV DME framework.
- Develop and administer performance monitoring tools to track program indicators; in line with the program implementation and M&E plans.
- Establish and maintain program/indicator M&E databases; as well as the programme level standardized M&E indicator database aligned to the NO Strategy results framework.
- Conduct routine data quality assessment on program/project monitoring data collected including that collected by partners/sub grantees before it is used for reporting.
- Compile program data reports to inform evidence based decision making at program levels; and for use in preparation of program quarterly reports, semi/annual management reports; and for dissemination as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with the local government technical officers and partners to leverage use of the program information system; and the district/local government information management systems e.g., HMIS, EMIS.
- Document best practices, lesson learned and success stories about WV Uganda programs and project interventions in the Cluster.
- Lead the review, learning and reflection meetings in the ADPs on program/projects implementation, and evaluations.
- Take lead in the implementation of WV Partnership and WV Uganda strategic initiatives to improve quality of DME for programs in the ADPs, e.g., Adoption of GIS Solutions, LQAS methodology, alignment of programs/projects to CWBT, etc.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Programme Manager and/ or the DME Specialist
Qualifications, Skills and Experience needed for the job
- The DME Officer must hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree in a development discipline.
- A minimum of three years relevant with international organizations in research, monitoring and evaluation of, and reporting on complex (development) programs.
- Good working knowledge of and experience with a range of M&E tools and techniques, including ability to develop effective systems for data collection, analysis and dissemination.
- Demonstrated commitment to M&E sustainability and building central and local capacity by providing technical assistance, training and supervision.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel, and working knowledge of at least two statistical data management packages/software (quantitative & qualitative)
- Possess the ability to work with inter-disciplinary teams and a wide range of program/project activities.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- All candidates must be mature and committed Christians, able to demonstrate an active involvement with their faith and also able to appreciate and stand above denominational diversities.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates must send their applications with complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to: [email protected] Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line.
NB: Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 24th January, 2014