Job Title: Director, ICT and Data Management
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Director ICT and Data Management will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for leading and managing the development, implementation, maintenance and support of all ICT systems and infrastructure and ensuring efficient management of exploration, development and production data in the delivery of PAU’s Mandate to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the Authority’s operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance on IT strategy and standardize the PAU ICT platforms to ensure that all ICT components are compatible and well structured.
- Develop, update and disseminate realistic standards of service quality for Information Technology in line with the IT Infrastructure Library.
- Oversee the identification, deployment and monitoring of IT service management frameworks and ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Establish mechanisms for tracking, reporting and acting on anomalies in IT service and quality as well as service improvement plan.
- Facilitate and oversee the implementation of mechanisms for sensitization of stakeholders on the relevance of the IT Service function, its procedures and impact; share ICT knowledge and expertise with staff and senior management to improve service delivery.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve focus goals by prioritizing IT initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future IT systems in the Authority.
- Lead and track the implementation of the departmental plans and periodically submit performance reports to the ED in line with reporting requirements.
- Lead and participate in the continuous review and improvement of IT policies, procedures in line with relevant IT laws, best practices and international standards.
- Develop and monitor the implementation framework(s) for automating the tracking, storage and retrieval of information in the PAU.
- Ensure the development and implementation of policies, strategies, standards, and procedures necessary for efficient data management
- Lead the development of frameworks to improve internal staff and external stakeholder capability and exposure to technology solutions that improve business efficiency.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of programs to improve the capacity, motivation, performance and productivity of staff in the department to enhance the quality of their service delivery.
- Proactively identify risks and ensure that any issues that are ICT related or that will impact on the ICT service provision are effectively managed and appropriate actions are taken to protect the PAU’s operations by providing a suitable internally controlled environment, including disaster recovery and business continuity;
- Keep abreast of technology trends and discern appropriate and cost-effective ICT solutions for PAU
- Ensure efficient management of Exploration, Development and Production Data
- Ensure that data management infrastructure is in place and well maintained