Job Title: Division Sales Manager
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Job Summary: The Diageo Division Sales manager will take lead, develop and coach a sales team, execute commercial activities with brilliance and sell a portfolio of brands via a complex Route to market to achieve performance through effective customer management and cross functional ways of working. He / she will also create/influence divisional/business strategies and plans to leverage the Division’s unique dynamics in order to achieve agreed sales, distribution and market share objectives and beat the competition.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery the Divisional Sales plan, achieving sales and NSV targets and actively contribute to the overall strategy and decision-making process.
- Take lead in the commercial strategy for the region, leading the direct sales team, the third party sales support team and relevant cross-functional teams.
- Motivate the sales organisation behind a clear, simple and powerful trade strategy, engendering strong and supportive trade relationships at senior and industry level.
- Grow and drive the highest standards of execution throughout the region.
- Generate insights, from relevant facts driving to excellence in planning, decision making and performance measurement, taking corrective action as required.
- Recruit, develop, retain, lead and motivate the Sales team to ensure superb execution of company plans.
- Develop strong relationships with key customers, across channels.
- Maintain and develop the outlet universe through correct classification, making resource changes to best service the market needs.
- Responsible for Budget control
- Ensure compliance and adherence with safety requirements at the work environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate must hold relevant commercial degree / business qualification
- A minimum of seven to ten years ‘cross functional experience, mostly commercial.
- Past Route To Market experience
- Exposure across different channels and different levels of customer sophistication (e.g. Key Accounts and Field Sales)
- Success in highly demanding sales organisations (FMCG) and in alcoholic beverages
- Leadership of large teams operating in complex, multi-channelled settings
- Past senior Line management of large organisations, especially in the sales field
- Strong knowledge & demonstrated delivery in challenging trading environments; understanding of channel, pricing, negotiations and strategy development
- Negotiation and conflict resolution with powerful Customers
How to Apply for the job:
If you desire to join the world’s leading premium drinks business, Diageo, in the aforementioned capacity, please click web link below.