Job Title: Economic Strengthening Technical Director
Project Name: USAID’s Better Outcomes for Children and Youth Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
WEI/Bantwana Initiative is a Non-Governmental Organization that helps families and children orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV/AIDS to access the comprehensive support and care they need to grow into healthy adults.
About USAID Project:
The Bantwana Initiative of World Education seeks a candidate for this position subject to award of USAID’s Better Outcomes for Children and Youth in Eastern and Northern Uganda program—a $24.5 million program with a large sub grant component.
Job Summary: The Economic Strengthening Technical Director is responsible for overseeing all economic strengthening programming for the program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Steer the development of a household ES strategy and targeted interventions for vulnerable households. Ensure integration and coordination of ES interventions with broader program areas and ongoing partner activities.
- Strengthen linkages of ES activities with NAADS and ES private sector, government and nongovernmental actors
- Provide and oversee technical support to local partners to ensure quality monitoring and evaluation of ES activities.
- Identify or oversee development of relevant curricula and training materials to build capacity of local partners.
- Keep abreast of new evidence-based ES programs in the region and disseminate new knowledge to program staff.
- Intuitively understand appropriate interventions along the vulnerability continuum and value added economic strengthening programming.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a good Master’s Degree or higher in social sciences or social work, or closely related field is required.
- A minimum of three years of demonstrated experience designing, implementing, managing and evaluating effective household ES initiatives including: VSLAs, linkages across agribusiness and other value chains, and microenterprise
- Demonstrated strong analytical, managerial, leadership, communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience working with a range of private sector, community and local government actors
- Past exposure and experience and familiarity with integrated OVC programming and Uganda’s operating environment
- Excellent English communication and writing skills. Fluency in Luo (North); Lusoga/Luganda (East) strongly preferred
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their application letters with detailed CV indicating three professional references should be submitted to the Human Resource at email@example.com or hand deliver to the WEI/Bantwana Country Office at Rot 30, Nizam Road, Nile Garden, Jinja. Uganda
Deadline: Friday, September 26, 2014 before 05:00pm.