Job Title: Employee Banking Officer
Standard Chartered PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Hong Kong, China. It operates a network of over 1,700 branches and outlets (including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures) across more than 70 countries and employs around 87,000 people. It is a universal bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking, and treasury services. Despite its UK base, it does not conduct retail banking in the UK, and around 90% of its profits come from Africa, United Kingdom, United States and the Middle East. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda is the longest established international bank in the country; the first branch was opened in August 1912. We had 11 branches up to 1972 and retained only one branch during the turbulence of the 70s. In 1998 we acquired 4 branches of former Cooperative Bank in November 1999. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda today has a network of 11 branches in Kampala, Jinja, Mbale, Mbarara and Gulu. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda has 29 ATMs and over 600 staff.
Job Summary: The Employee Banking Officer will grow branch assets and liabilities through branch staff referrals and own sales of Wealth CASA and Personal Instalment Loans products
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying and pursuing sales opportunities and converting sales referrals from branch sales pipeline into actual sales.
- Actively implement sales strategy underpinning marketing efforts to acquire, expand and retain profitable relationships and grow the market share in accordance with wealth management branch sales targets.
- Ensure monthly / weekly liability targets are achieved and performance report submitted to the line manager
- Actively participate in branch training on sales, service and controls.
- Provide regular feedback to the Branch Manager on sales /service concerns and recommend appropriate improvements
- Perform any other official duties as may be directed by the line manager
- Ensure an excellent customer experience during the account opening, documentation process as well as when offering any other service
- Actively participate and challenge the status quo, to improve on processes through documented service storming sessions.
- Ensure that CDD is applied when selling products or opening accounts and proper completion of checklist
- Reporting of suspicious transactions or activities
- Ensure that you fully understand the CDD & AML group policy and are adequately trained in CDD & AML
- Ensure that you understand, sign and adhere to the Group code of conduct
- Ensure sales process is followed to avoid miss-selling
- Ensure proper time and resources management.
- Responsible for proper verification of customer instructions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal jobholder for the Employee Banking Officer job should hold a University degree with a minimum 1 year sales experience in the banking industry
- The candidate should have extensive knowledge of the Bank’s products and services
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally
- Strong sales and relationship building skills
- A working knowledge of Branch power
- Possess the ability to match perceived customer needs with existing Bank products
- Good grasp of competitive awareness
NB: Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
How to Apply for the job:
If interested in working with Standard Chartered Bank in the above portfolio, Please send us visit Web link below and review requirements and thereafter express your interest by Clicking Apply Now
Visit Jobs Page: Click Here