Organization: Insurance Institute of Uganda (IIU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The Insurance Institute of Uganda (IIU) is the training arm of the Insurance Industry in Uganda. It is also the representative insurance professional body under the Law. IIU is licensed by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) as a Private Tertiary Institution.
Job Summary: The Manager, Finance and Administration will be responsible for all administrative and financial matters of the Insurance Institute of Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Actively monitor internal controls and where necessary make improvements.
· Provide administrative services to the Committees of Council.
· Manage and oversee the preparation of budgets and other plans.
· Manage the preparation of annual financial reports and monthly management reports.
· The Manager will oversee the investment of the Institute’s funds.
· Oversee the procurement of goods and services.
· Take part in the recruitment, training and development of staff.
· Ensure that members’ and students’ financial records are up to date.
· Manage the Institute’s management information systems.
· Formulate ICT projects and strategies for the Institute.
· Ensure that staff matters are handled in accordance with the appropriate rules and regulations.
· Work closely with external auditors and answering audit queries.
· Responsible for managing and supervising preparation of monthly payroll.
· Ensuring compliance with the various regulators i.e. URA, IRA, NSSF.
· Providing leadership and performance appraisals.
· Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the CEO.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must be a fully qualified accountant. A member of ICPAU with a Master’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance will be an added advantage
· A minimum of five years relevant working experience in Finance/Accounts and Administration in a similar position.
· Financial management and reporting skills
· Good team leadership and management skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Good negotiation skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Good decision making and computer literacy skills
· High integrity; visionary; self-driven; courteous; innovative; team builder; and attention to detail and accuracy.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested applicants should send their applications along with any other relevant documents to;
Chief Executive Officer
The Insurance Institute of Uganda
Plot 91, Jinja Road, 2nd Floor Arrow House (opposite Club Silk)
P.O. Box 4184 Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: Wednesday 19th October 2015 by 17:00 hours.