Job Title: NOC Engineers – Field Support
Job Summary: The NOC Engineers – Field Support will be involved in customer installations, supporting and working with the technical team and other necessary stake holders to ensure proper identification, implementation and maintenance of the Roke Telkom Network.
- Following up with contractors/sub-contractors to ensure that work orders are carried out as per specification.
- Providing 1st level support to customers, escalating issues where necessary
- Carrying out wireless installations at customer premises
- Actively using the trouble ticket system to follow up on assigned incidents and issues and to provide timely updates
- Identifying and responding to faults within ROKE Telkom’s infrastructure in co-ordination with the NOC
- Assimilating and applying knowledge on the integration of third party customer equipment into ROKE Telkom’s product line
- Managing internal and external communications effectively using the most appropriate channels
- Participating in planning, co-ordinating and executing scheduled or emergency maintenance activities on the fiber, wireless or transmission infrastructure
- Collaborating with provisioning team to gather terms of reference for prospective customer builds
- Documenting network infrastructure and providing technical input in preparation of proposals and solution presentations
- Carrying out inspections to ensuring customer and business expectations on quality of work done is met
- Reviewing, monitoring and forecasting the holdings of inventory and spares
- Monitoring and management of facilities at ROKE Telkom points of presence (POPs), i.e. air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power usage, running health and safety and housekeeping checks to ensure optimum operation.
- The applicant should hold a University degree (BSc) Computer Science/ Information Technology/ ICT from a recognized university;
- Professional CCNA Certification;
- A minimum of one 1 year experience in a telecoms environment
- Computer literate, proficient with email applications, MS Visio and MS office
- Possess basic networks knowledge
- Good project management / Supervisory skills
- Excellent Customer service and end user support / experience
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience with transmission technologies, microwave and fibre optic will be an added advantage
If you are interested in applying for any of these roles please send your electronic applications including cover letter, resume and the details of three referees IN ONE DOCUMENT to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please state your preferred location clearly in your application.
NB: Please note as we receive high volumes of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.