Job Title: Lecturers. Uganda Christian University is looking for people to apply for lecturing jobs in the different departments. Below are the jobs
||Lecturer for Social Work & Social AdministrationMain duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute effectively to the design and planning of programmes including preparation of course documentation as required.
- Effectively oversee the progress, examination and assessment of the students as designated by the Head of Department.
- Promote the work of the department and participate in the induction and mentoring of students.
- Assist in the curriculum development of the Department’s academic programmes.
- Seek to enhance the quality of education and provision by ensuring that high standards of teaching, research and learning are maintained on the relevant courses to which they contribute.
- Use teaching and learning strategies, which encourage student involvement and advance their independent learning.
- Participate in work-related training and staff development.
- Carry out any other duties associated within the area to be included by Head of Department.
||Qualifications & Experience:
At least a Masters of Social Work (MSW) from a recognized institute of higher education.
At least a good Social Work honours degree from a recognized institute of higher education.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Successful teaching experience in Higher Education or other evidence of the ability to be an effective teacher at this level
Experience of one or more of: research, evidence-based practice, publication, and innovation
Relevant subject knowledge as evidenced through qualifications, prior teaching experience or research
Ability to engage in academic and professional networking through active membership of associations, societies and professional bodies
A practicing Christian with unquestionable integrity, preferably a member of the Anglican Communion ready to acknowledge, respect and promote the identity, vision and mission of the University.
- Send two copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with an updated Curriculum Vitae and three references
- Copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts
To: The Director Human Resource & Administration, Uganda Christian University, Pilkington Building, P O Box 4, Mukono
Deadline: 28th March 2014
Only short listed applicants will be contacted
JOBS, Lecturer, UCU, Uganda Christian University
Post Views: 242