Job Title: Human Resource & Administration Manager
The Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister has received credit financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), for the Dry Lands Integrated Development Project to be implemented in the Karamoja Sub region (Project reference number UG-0082-83). The Office of the Prime Minister will implement the Drylands Integrated Development Project through Millennium Promise Alliance Inc. an International Non-Profit Organisation solely committed to supporting the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals through the Millennium Villages Projects (MVPs) in 10 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa. The Dry Lands Integrated Development Project will implement multi sectoral interventions aimed at holistically addressing challenges faced by pastoralist communities that directly contribute to the objective of reducing vulnerability, building resilience, and accelerating the achievements of the UN Millennium Development Goals mainly in the districts of Moroto, Napak, Nakapiripiriti and Amudat.
Job Summary: The Human Resource & Administration Manager will be responsible tor handling the Human resource and administration issues of the project on behalf and with guidance from the Regional HR Manager based at Nairobi.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, maintain and regularly update personnel files at the site level
- Steer all personnel recruitment processes
- Oversee the medical and other insurance files for the project staff.
- Identify and organise personnel on job training needs to help improve performance of staff and for motivation of staff
- Guide staff on all HR issues at the site in consultation with the regional HR Manager
- Ensure personnel recruitments follow the set out guidelines for the organisation
- Quickly resolve all lower level personnel conflicts at the site before they are escalated and advise management whenever intervention by management is required.
- Attend to staff welfare issues.
- Prepare, update and always keep an updated leave register for all staff.
- Identify and be the link with suitable insurance service providers for the organisation.
- Supervise the work of operations staff including front desk personnel, Drivers and machine operators, Office assistants.
- Ensure timely requisitioning of office supplies.
- Be the custodian of records of staff attendance to work and provide timely information to the Finance Sector for the Payroll preparation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, SWASA, Social Sciences or any other related qualification
- Six or more years relevant Administration and/or HR experience
- High level of confidentiality
- Team work and leadership skills.
- Possess the ability to work under minimum supervision
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets
- Good and effective communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and a quick learner
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to apply by sending an application letter (in a sealed envelope clearly marked with “”APPLICATION FOR POSITION OF…””), curriculum vitae, three work related referees, copies of academic certificates, and testimonials either hand delivered or posted to this address: Millennium Promise Alliance Inc. Uganda, C/O Pacification and Development Department, 5th Floor Room 2521. Office of the Prime Minister, Plot 9-11 Apollo Kaggwa Road, P.O. Box 341, Kampala – Uganda.
Deadline: Friday, 3rd October 2014 by 2:00pm