Job Title: Human Resource Officer (Records/Information)
Centenary Bank is the leading Commercial Micro Finance Bank in Uganda serving over 1,300,000 clients (a quarter of the banking population) in 58 branches spread countrywide. We are one of Uganda’s top three financial organisations, employing more than 1,500 people. Joining Centenary Bank is an opportunity to use your skills and experience in tackling real world problems.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer (Records/Information) will be responsible for maintaining an effective/efficient Human Resource Records/Information management system in line with the Centenary bank policies, HR Division business plan, best practice and applicable law.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, review and implement Human Resource data Integrity and Information Security control strategies in line with Bank policy, Records/Information management guidelines, best practice and applicable law.
- Perform HRIS monitoring, review, maintenance and data input, and submit implementation status reports to immediate supervisor, in line with records/information management guide lines, Bank policy and applicable law.
- Prepare periodic, analytical, statistical, management information reports in line with SLA standards and best practice.
- Routinely monitor and spearhead alignment of Bank Structures to the HRIS to support effective/efficient operation of the online modules.
- Oversee the processes of installation/testing of HRIS web-based modules updates and integration of new staff profiles from online application system onto HRIS to enhance data integrity.
- Coordinate the staff IDs production/issuing processes in line with Bank policy, procedures and best practice.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Human Resource Officer (Records/Information) should ideally possess an Honour’s degree in Library and information Science or Business Administration (Accounting option) or Human Resource Management with strong IT background.
- Possess post graduate qualifications and/or IT skills an added advantage
- Possess good grades in mathematics at O and/or A levels are desirable.
- At least two years’ practical experience and skills in records/information management in a reputable medium size to large institution
- The candidate must be a self-driven, highly organized and mature person of high integrity.
- Practical numerical and computing skills including Proficiency in ICT, and MS Office packages
- Good knowledge and understanding of applicable laws relating to: Access to Information Act, Records and Archives Act, etc.
- Familiarity with HR Analytics and other market practice reporting approaches/formats
- Good exposure to integrated, web-based Human Resource Information Systems.
- Proven potential to write high quality management information reports within tight deadlines.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and to efficiently prioritize assignments/tasks to meet deadlines
- Keen attention to key details with strong drive for results.
- Excellent people skills with ability to operate independently in a highly structured and confidential work environment.
- Highly adaptable and flexible with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent communication (verbal/written), teamwork, networking and problem solving skills
- Possess the ability to build and maintain effective work relationships (network/collaborate effectively) with multiple stakeholder/partners.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to key details with strong drive for results
- Potential /interest to learn payroll Management
- Possess the ability to embrace the Bank’s mission and values.
How to apply for the Job:
All candidates who desire to join Centenary Bank should send their applications by following the instructions below; downloading an application form for employment, download Here, filling it and enclosing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV), and copies of academic testimonials/certificates and send the application to:
General Manager, Human Resources Centenary Bank, P.O. Box 1892 — Kampala, Uganda.
Note: While we thank all applicants for your interest. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants not contacted after 5th May 2014 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Deadline: 14th March 2014 by 5:00 pm