Job Summary: The Manager will be responsible for efficient and effective implementation of University’s Financial Instructions, Accounting Procedures, Reporting and supervision of staff in Accounts and Reporting Section
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Plan, organize and supervise the accounting function.
· Advise the Director Finance on issues of payments and overall book keeping of accounting records whether computerized or manual systems.
· Initiate, coordinate and monitor budget preparation and its implementation in accordance with rules and regulations governing the University.
· Prepare financial reports and statements of account.
· Liaise with government agencies and external auditors to fulfil compliance with statutory obligations.
· Initiate and oversee overall budget preparation of each unit and consolidate the Sub budgets into one for the whole University.
· Maintain sound financial accounting system, records keeping and internal control.
· Write books of accounts update accounting records and ensure compliance with financial policies, rules and regulations.
· Maintain computerized accounting system, update database and prepare backups.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Finance.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely Financial Reports produced.
- Consolidated Balance sheet and Income and Expenditure
- Cash flow statement
- Statement of arrears, outstanding commitment, Stores and Assets
- Statement of consolidated cash and bank balances
- Statement of investments
- Up to date accounting records maintained.
- Reduced accounting errors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Manager should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Bachelor of Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- At least eight (8) years, three (3) of which should be at senior managerial level
- Full professional accounting qualification in ACCA or CPA or equivalent;
- Additional M.Sc. (Accounting/Finance) or MBA or equivalent
- Computer literacy skills and familiarity with accounting packages
- Self driven and ready to work under pressure for long hours
- High degree of integrity
Age: Less than 50 years
How to Apply for the Job:
All applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacancies above. Please submit your application, Curriculum Vitae, Certificates and Transcripts (3 copies each set) giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, work experience, present salary and naming three referees, plus their postal addresses. Applicants should make sure that at least two referees have forwarded references concerning their application by the closing date.
Applications should be delivered to the Appointments Board Office, Room 406, Top Floor, Main Building, Makerere University, and addressed to:
P.O. Box 7062
Deadline: 31st December 2013