Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Project: Northern Uganda -Health Integration to Enhance Services (NU-HITES)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Deadline: 6th December, 2013 by 5pm
Tulane International (TILLC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tulane University, a US-based tertiary education institution. TILLC has been present in Uganda since 1998. TILLC seeks candidates for office operations support and for a number of management, technical and consultant positions for anticipated programs in Uganda. Tulane University seeks a qualified Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for the USAID funded Northern Uganda -Health Integration to Enhance Services (NU-HITES) project to be based in Gulu, Uganda. NU-HITES aims to increase the availability and demand for essential health services in 15 districts while strengthening and improving the quality of Northern Uganda’s health system.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data collection and analysis: Work in collaboration with program staff and government officials to collect, manage, and analyze data from project activities, and assist in document preparation for large-scale surveys.
- Facilitation of stakeholder inputs and results dissemination: Facilitate the participation of key stakeholders in the design, implementation, and interpretation of data collected for project M&E.
- Documentation/Reporting: Generate routine project performance and other M&E reports for submission to USAID.
- Data Quality and Indicator Development: Provide data quality assessments as required by ADS 203.
- Update the project Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP), to reevaluate and develop necessary indicators.
- Capacity Building: Implement trainings of NU-HITES staff, district officials, health workers on data management and use.
- Supervise a team of M&E staff at project headquarters and in three sub-regional offices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should be a graduate to Ph.D. level preferably in public health, demography, sociology, economics or a related discipline.
- At least eight years of experience in monitoring and evaluations of international health and development programs.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation of health Interventions.
- Experience in data collection and analysis, including large population surveys, LQAS, facility-based assessments, client exit interviews, focus group discussions, key informant interviews.
- Experience working with local governments, NGOs or health care providers in Eastern Africa
- Experience with USAID-funded projects and ADS 203 – Performance Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including fluency in English.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, statistical software applications, especially Stata and SPSS.
- Ability to work cooperatively/effectively with others of diverse personalities, education & cultural background.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently.
How to Apply for the job:
All qualified candidates should submit electronic copies of letters of application and CV with contact telephone numbers, relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references should be included and sent to the Principal Investigator Tulane University Email: [email protected]
All applicants should indicate a date by which they can start.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 15th January, 2014.