Job Title: Principal Compliance Officer
Organisation: Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC)
Job Ref: HRM/EOC/2015/13
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Commissioner Compliance and Reporting
The Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) was established by the Equal Opportunities Act of 2007 and is mandated to provide a framework for redressing imbalances which exist against the marginalized groups while promoting equal opportunities for all.
Job Summary: The Principal Compliance Officer will foster and enforce compliance on equal opportunities in harmony with national, regional and international objectives
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent initiates the development of compliance training plan tailored to specific needs.
· Develops and communicates compliance objectives and report on accomplishments/ achievements periodically.
· Establishes/and develops detailed compliance manual.
· The job holder will develop a compliance database and management system to facilitate follow up on activities and actions.
· Carries out impromptu surveys, inspections and investigations periodically to assess adherence to laws, policy, regulations; and regional and international obligations and protocols.
· Conducts evaluations to identify areas of deficiency in order to develop tools and mechanisms for improvement.
· Determines priority areas for compliance surveillance and monitoring
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics Or Statistics Or Social Sciences Or Social Administration and Social Work Or Business Administration.
· Possession of a Masters in Economics Or Public Policy and Administration Or Project planning and management Or Public Administration Or Business Administration.
· At least six (6) years’ experience in a reputable organization, three (3) of which must have been at Senior Officer level or its equivalent.
· Good leadership skills
· Good ICT skills
· Concern for quality and standards;
· Good communication skills
· Good time management skills
· Assertiveness and self confidence
· Excellent analytical skills
· Good public relation skills
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications including a Public Service Form 3 (2008), download here, with the following attachments in triplicate: a handwritten application, detailed curriculum vitae (one of the two referees should be the applicant’s employer), copies of academic transcripts, certificates and three recent passport size photographs. The applicants shall be requested to present certified copies and originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the oral interviews.
The application forms may also be obtained from the Public Service Commission Offices, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Kampala, or at the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) Offices, Plot 7, Luthuli Close, Bugolobi.
The completed applications should be addressed to: The Secretary, Equal Opportunities Commission, P.O. Box 27672, Kampala, Uganda indicating the post applied for, together with the job reference (See at Beginning of Job Advert) which should be indicated on the right hand top corner of the envelope.
Deadline: 20th November, 2015