Job Title: Project Coordinator
Health Centers as a Sustainable Safe Water Source is a three-year initiative to equip 8 health centers in Uganda with large volume water purification systems to supply the health centers with improved water. The initiative is sponsored by the General Electric Foundation and the Uganda Ministry of Health in coordination with GE Company Power & Water, the Center for Global Safe Water at Emory University, and Assist International.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will use a specialized knowledge of project management and experience with public health principles to: develop training programs and implement; manage personnel; coordinate and supervise field data collection and data entry; prepare protocols and reports; assist in design and development of targeted training initiatives; coordinate and conduct trainings; collaborate with partner organizations to develop action plans and goals to achieve specific objectives; assist in preparation of analytical datasets and analysis of data; and assist in preparation of manuscripts, and presentation of study findings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a good bachelor’s degree in public health or environmental science, or a bachelor’s degree in another field with commensurate experience in environmental – health and experience in water sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sector is strongly preferred;
- At least four years’ experience working in health sector in Uganda, preferably in environmental health or epidemiology – WASH sector preferred with at least 2 years project management experience preferred,
- Past experience in managing field data collection
- Prior experience in managing and analyzing data using SAS,SPSS or Excel;
- Past exposure and experience managing and collecting data using mobile phone applications
- Significant experience in preparing reports and presentations in English using Word and PowerPoint,
- Fluency in English , Luganda and Runyakitara.
How to Apply for the job :
All candidates should send a cover letter and updated CV to Habib Yakubu, Senior Public Health Program Associate, email@example.com.
Deadline: 17th October, 2014