ob Title: Quality Improvement- Mentor Midwife
The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) headquartered at Mulago hospital, is a comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment organization that supports the treatment and care of HIV infected and affected Children and Adults. Baylor – Uganda has four operational areas; HIV/AIDS care, treatment and prevention services, maternal child health services, Health Professional training and Clinical Research. Baylor-Uganda is in receipt of UNICEF and PEPFAR grant through CDC.
Job Summary: The Quality Improvement- Mentor Midwife will technically support the SMGL Project by monitoring the implementation of systems, strategies for promoting Goal Oriented and functional ‘Antenatal and postnatal Services’ and well as manage quality improvement initiatives in the attached districts
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (reproductive health) from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body.
- Trainer of Trainers in PMTCT and Early Infant Diagnosis and must have solid working knowledge (practical skills) in the following areas: PMTCT, PWP, HCT, AB, ART, immunization, family planning and sexual reproductive health issues and ability to screen for tuberculosis and cancer
- Two years’ experience in managing HIV/AIDs care and treatment programs/ projects with a focus on maternal health and PMTCT/’ EID/HCT
- At least three years of experience in Quality Improvement approaches and training clinical service providers.
- Prior experience in the use of Collaborative approaches in Quality Improvement (QI) would be an advantage
- The applicant must have written research abstracts and manuscripts and even presented in conferences or published
- Highly team oriented
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be dynamic, Persuasive &convincing, self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitable candidates with a desire to work with the Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation should send their applications to: Send a detailed updated CV demonstrating possession of the job requirements, current position, names and addresses of three referees, copies of professional/Academic documents, email address, and day time telephone contact. You must have at least a credit 6 in MATH and ENGLISH.
The Human Resource Manager,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation-Uganda,
Block 5 Mulago Hospital, P.O. Box 72052 clock tower, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 15th August 2014
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.