Job Title: Retail Programme Officer
Bridge International Academies is revolutionizing the way families across the developing world access quality education through our innovative ‘Academy-in-a-Box’ model of schooling. As of September 2014 Bridge is operating over 350 academies throughout Kenya serving over 100,000 pupils. As one of the fastest growing education companies in the world, Bridge will expand into Uganda in 2015 with plans for expansion into Nigeria and India on the horizon. Bridge International Academies is transforming education by attacking one of the emerging world’s biggest problems: inadequate access to and quality of education for the children of families living on less than $2/day.
Job Summary: The Retail Programme Officer will be providing educational instruction to our customers to ensure their needs are adequately resolved. In order to help pupils with improved attention spans, energy levels and learning capabilities, we operate a healthy and affordable lunch programme that involves selling meals to our pupils. We also sell our school uniforms.
In the future, we envision even more services as this is also a large potential revenue generating business for the business.
The Programme Officer will work closely with the Business Manager – Retail (located in Kenya) to ensure the uniform and feeding programmes are effectively set up in Uganda and will be responsible for driving sales and attaining profitability across these programmes. This is a key revenue driving role with a company that has huge growth plans for Uganda and is looking for exceptional talent to join us at our inception in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting field research to better understand the needs of the consumer, current offerings in the marketplace and potential product specifications that would suit Uganda (e.g. menu choices)
- Working with the Business Manager – Retail to effectively set up both the feeding and uniform programmes in Uganda
- Training and Supporting Academy Managers in their day-to-day Feeding Programme related activities
- Responsible for training and Supporting Academy Managers in selling uniforms
- Working with the Business Manager – Retail to implement new marketing strategies to ensure a higher take-rate by pupils
- Conducting parent and community meetings as required to educate, sell and communicate the feeding and uniform programme
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a good University graduate
- A minimum of two years’ professional experience
- Willingness to work beyond regular working hours, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays if and when needed (work beyond normal hours to be compensated appropriately in accordance with the governing laws of Uganda)
- Willingness to travel within Uganda when required (15% of the time)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks
- Able to work with large amounts of data and comfort with Microsoft Excel
- Past experience working in the field
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.